The asymmetrical geometric composition of the Wave rug was inspired by simple, pictorial film animations from the early 20th century, and our own artistic experimentation with the scaling and layering of basic shapes.
Ochre Wave is made from hand spun cotton that’s been woven on a shuttle loom using a thicker fiber, making it more water absorbent than our flatweaves — a modern heirloom for your world. Each rug takes a single artisan between two to six weeks to finish.
Note: The 24x48 version of this rug has a much finer weave similar to our dhurrie cotton
- 100% hand spun cotton
- Hand-woven in Rajasthan on shuttle looms
- ⅜” thick with a medium weight and hand-bound edge
- Vacuum and spot-clean as needed with cold water, a mild dish or hand soap, and a soft brush. Machine washable ONLY in cold water, on delicate, without any other items, in machines without agitators. Agitators can severely damage these rugs.
- Sizes may vary slightly and may not be exactly 20" x 30" and 24" x 48"
- Optional rug pads are made from natural rubber and are safe for all floors and finishes.
Shipping: All in stock orders deliver within 5-12 days.
For more information regarding returns and shipping, please read our FAQ.